June 25, 2012

29 and 30 weeks

You would think since being out of school, I'd be on top of things and cranking out more posts a week. Well, that's not exactly the case when the nesting fever has set in! These past couple of weeks, I've really felt the need to clean house, organize things, and get the nursery closer to being done. Call me Mama Bird. I'm definitely getting our nest ready for our little baby bird!

Since school has been out (really since I finished teaching summer school), Eli and I have:
  • painted the nursery walls and trim (thanks to Eli's mom Dana for helping finish the trim!)
  • deep cleaned and vacuumed the nursery
  • painted a thrifted dresser and nightstand for our girl
  • replaced all the knobs and pulls on the dresser and nightstand
  • arranged most of the furniture in her room! (it's coming together and so real now!)
  • washed many, many loads of clothes, towels, and sheets
  • folded/put away said clothes (more of a task than you think...)
  • cleaned out our closet and packed up two bags for the youth garage sale
  • dusted the entire house
  • helped harvest honey again
  • walked with Sasha many times for exercise all around
  • gone fishing at the creek twice with Sasha
  • hung out with my three best friends and their husbands in Waco
  • renewed our driver's licenses
  • registered to vote
  • gotten an offer on my car
  • started the car-buying process (Agh... what have we gotten ourselves into??)
  • watched my sister and her best friend jump out of a plane at 10,000 feet in the air!
  • watched our little girl on the ultrasound screen again (I will never get tired of this)
  • taken two glucose tolerance tests (one 1-hour and one 3-hour) Yuck. 
  • oohed and ahhed over sweet baby clothes (me more than Eli!)
  • daydreamed of an adorable little girl that will be ours to hold in less than 10 weeks!
Whew! I'm sure there's more I've left out, but typing that list just makes me tired, much less accomplishing it!

I am almost 31 weeks now. I never realized how fast the time would go by, but I have really loved being pregnant and preparing for our daughter. When I see how far we've come, 10 weeks left really doesn't seem like that long. I've been questioning lately if we're ready for this. Are we really ready to support and care for another life? Are we ready to be depended on 24 hours a day from now on? But when these thoughts come to mind, so does the promise from our Father who will never leave us and will always be our strength. I'm so grateful we don't have to do this alone. He is more than we can ask for or imagine.

Baby Girl has been growing quite a bit lately, forcing my tummy to grow quite round as well. She's gotten so big that my stomach completely changes shape when she starts moving. It's really pretty crazy to watch. I've heard other moms-to-be say their baby kicks them in the ribs. I haven't had this particular feeling yet, but it does get pretty uncomfortable when she pushes behind my (non-existent) bellybutton. She will usually get cozy in a different position, though, if I gently push back on her.

Like I mentioned in the highlight reel above, I got to watch my sister and her best friend skydive last week for her friend's birthday. They are so brave! You might remember when Renee and I went skydiving last September. I wish I could have gone with her again, but I think I have a little more than my own life to take care of now! I happily took my place as photographer on the ground and watched the crazy dare-devils fall through the clouds. I'll get some pictures up for you to see as soon as I edit them!

Enough talking. Here are pictures from the past two weeks:



* * * * * * * * *




Dear Little One, 

It's getting pretty hot here now that summer has begun. We are trying our best to stay cool, but I'm glad you have your own little climate-controlled home to live in for now. Soak it up, baby. When you get here, it will probably be nice and toasty. Thankfully your room is nice and air-conditioned (probably the best in our whole house!).

We have worked so hard and finally finished painting your room, dresser, and nightstand. I think you're going to love them! I have to admit, I have already spent a few hours in there, just dreaming of rocking you to sleep, playing with you on the floor, and taking in everything about you. Our new addition to the room this week was a beautiful glider and ottoman from your great-grand parents. I think this has easily become your Daddy's favorite place to sit! Several days, the house has gotten quiet and when I went to look for him, he was in your room reading in that chair. I adore this and can't wait to see you in there with him. It makes my heart overflow with love.

We love you sweet girl. Keep growing strong and healthy. I can't wait to meet you and hold you, but also I am ready to see you in your daddy's arms. He's going to be such a great dad, you just wait and see.

Love always, Momma




1 comment: