June 5, 2012

27 weeks

We've made it to the third trimester! This gets us that much closer to meeting and holding our baby girl. Oh I can't wait!

We are already preparing for her to be here. Eli has worked hard to paint her room. All we lack is a second coat on the trim. It's taken a little longer, though, because he's been swamped with school work for his summer class. But the room looks so great! I can't wait to really start decorating it. I think I'm most excited about the quilt my grandmother made for her room. It's beautiful and perfect. I can just imagine holding our little girl, wrapped up in her very own quilt. Makes my heart swell with love.

The ladies I work with at school threw our first baby shower this past week. They are so wonderful and I absolutely love working with them. Baby Girl has so many adorable clothes, toys, bath towels, a Bumbo, a tub, and a bouncy seat now. It's overwhelming how sweet and loving these ladies are. As a special surprise, my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law even came! 

Our sweet girl is just over two pounds now and about 14 inches long! She must be starting to run out of room inside of me because she sure is kicking and squirming like crazy! I love feeling her, though. She constantly reminds me how glad I am to get to be her Momma very soon.





My sweet little girl, 

Daddy jokes that you now have more clothes than he does. We laugh, but it's just about true! You have so many people who love you (and are loving spoiling you!) I love looking at all your little clothes hanging in your closet. Pretty soon you'll get to wear them all and look so adorable!

In less than three months, about 85 days, we will welcome you into our world and our house. Trust me, we are very ready for that day! Don't ever forget that we love you very much and we pray for you every day. Keep growing strong and healthy.

Love always, Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment