June 12, 2012

28 weeks

28 weeks has come and nearly gone now. Baby Girl and I are both continuing to grow steadily, as I'm sure you can tell! I had my glucose test this past week to test for gestational diabetes and anemia. Not a fun experience! Drinking 10 ounces of orange flavored sugary syrup in 2 minutes, then waiting an hour in a waiting room with a baby going crazy inside me, then getting three vials of blood drawn... Like I said, not the most fun experience! Did I mention that our little girl moved like crazy? I guess she's not used to quite that much sugar at once. I was sure the people across the waiting room could see her alien-like movements in my tummy! Haha! I secretly enjoyed it.

Speaking of those movements, she has been squirming like crazy lately. One of my favorite new things to do is sit on the couch and just feel her move. Eli and I play the guess-that-appendage game when she pushes hard against my tummy! Is that her foot? Elbow? Bum? :) it's a fun game! She lets us know, though, when she's tired of being pushed back on. She kind of retreats into her little hidey spot and won't move anymore. Stubborn little thing!

This weekend, we got to meet up with my very best friends from high school and their husbands. This was so much fun just catching up and reminiscing on our crazy adventures as teenagers. One of the girls, Whitney, is also pregnant, due two weeks before me. It has been really neat to compare with her and share this fun journey. There are a few pictures of us over on Courtney's blog. Go check them out! Oh and make sure you look around her design/DIY blog. It's pretty great!

Without further ado, week 28 pictures:



Sweet Baby Girl,

Daddy and I are really enjoying getting to feel your movements! You sure are stronger than ever with your kicks, nudges, and squirms. Sorry if we bother you when we push back. We are just smitten with you and everything about you, including all of your wiggle-worming.

We are praying for you, Little One. For your growth as a person and as a child of God. For your leadership and courage to stand up for Him. For the influence you'll have on your siblings. For your future husband to love and adore you. And most of all, for your sweet heart to know and love Him personally, and that we will be parents who guide you and raise you in the Lord. We love you more than you know.

to the moon and back, Momma

p.s. I painted something for your room yesterday! Can't wait for you to see it.





1 comment: