July 3, 2012

31 weeks

This week has been a long, tiring, but good week. I was in Austin from Wednesday to Friday at a state educator conference. To be perfectly honest, this was an odd thing for me. I felt so grown up and out of my element. But at the same time, I felt more confident as a teacher, learning new things and meeting new people. This was actually the longest time Eli and I have spent apart since we've been married (crazy, I know!) and I missed him quite a bit. I'm so grateful for him and his love. I couldn't be brave and do things like this without his encouragement.

When I got home, I immediately got to work helping out with our youth and children's garage sale at church. Overwhelming to say the least! It was a great success, though, and money is still coming in that will go toward the kids going to camp this summer. Thankful for God's blessing in a loving, giving church family.

Now we are back home, but not back in a summer routine just yet. Eli's mom does something called "nephew week," where her 6 nephews (only 5 this year) spend a week doing fun things with Aunt Dana. It's just getting started this week, but so much fun already! Maybe once the nephews get too old, she will continue this summer tradition with grandkids! How fun would that be?

Tomorrow is actually 8 weeks from our due date. Wow! This is really happening! We will have our daughter with us in no time at all. That is such a fantastic and overwhelming feeling at the same time. We've spent 7 months preparing for her and now it's almost here. I am ready, but also not ready, if that makes any sense. The good thing is, God is still preparing us as we prepare for her. I'll leave it up to him. His plan is much better than my own.

I've been very tired lately, but trying to keep my energy up and stay on top of things around the house. I can't say that I enjoy cleaning, laundry, or other housework, but I do like the feeling of a clean house. Thanks to the nesting fever, I get to enjoy this more now! And thanks to a wonderful husband, I don't even have to do all the work to enjoy the results. Like I said, he's pretty great.

Due to being gone and busy all week/weekend, this week's photos are a little impromptu, on our way to the lake with Eli's cousins. 




My sweet girl, 

To say that I am ready for you to come seems appropriate right now. I am ready to see your perfect little face with your beautiful eyes, chubby cheeks, pouty lips, and tiny nose. I am ready to hold you and soak up all of you. I am ready to sit in the chair in your room, spending hours just staring at you, figuring you out. I am ready to venture into motherhood and all that comes with it. I am even ready for those long nights spent rocking you back to sleep. And those times when I will cry as you cry. And those moments when I don't know how. If only just to spend more time with you.

Thankfully, my timing is not perfect. God will give you to us when He is ready, not me. He will bring you into our little world in the perfect moment. And it will be beautiful and right.

More than all of these things mentioned, I am ready to show you God's love. I want to share him with you from the first day you are here. I want to be an example for you. I want to love you more each day, with a love that only comes from him.

Loving you always, 
Momma


1 comment: