May 28, 2012

26 weeks

This week was our last full week of school! Semester exams are over, final projects have been turned in, and we've completed all but three days of this school year. Summer could not come faster! Now we only have to go to school three more days, two of which are only partial days. So, it's easy to say that we're just about done! Summer comes with its own set of plans, though: I have two weeks of teaching summer school, Eli has four weeks of summer class, we are fixing up the nursery, I have a couple of workshops for school, Eli has youth camp, we have VBS... Yep, looks like we'll be busy! But it will be a good type of busy.

This past weekend, we went to my hometown, Stephenville, to celebrate my sister's graduation. Can you believe she is already a high school graduate?? I can't! But I am SO proud of her!!! Extremely proud! I have pictures coming this week (she deserves a post of her own!)

On the way home from my parents', we drove by this gorgeous field of sunflowers. We couldn't help but turn around and take this week's pictures. (Renee: your special weekly picture will be on the blog very soon. Promise!)


I realized as I was uploading these that, yes, this is almost the exact outfit I wore last week for my pictures... Oh well, it was better than the t-shirt I had on, and this was the first shirt I could find in the car!

Okay, personal brag time: my husband is the best! I mean, who else would suggest stopping on the side of the highway and take pictures of sunflowers with their wife? He didn't only stop, it was his idea! Yes, I love him. 

Check out this magical field and all of its beauty!




Sweet Little Girl, 

This weekend, you had so many more people love on you and show excitement for your arrival! Your great-grandparents were in town all the way from Florida for Aunt Renee's graduation! They adore you already. We also got to visit with two of my best friends from Stephenville, one who is going to have a little girl almost exactly your age!! I'm so excited for you to grow up and meet all these wonderful people, especially the few that will have birthdays very near yours!

I hope you are a flower-loving girl. Your momma definitely is! I really enjoy fresh flowers all around me - in fields, in the house, in the flower bed. Anywhere! I hope you do too :) it's one way we get to experience God's love for us. He has created such beautiful nature that we get to enjoy. I can't wait to teach you all about God's love and the ways he continues to show it every single day. Remember that we love you always and we are overjoyed for you to be a part of our family. 

Love always, Momma



2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! You are stunning. I can't wait for our girls to meet. Just thinking about it makes me smile so big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the sunflowers!! maybe some of baby's newborn pics should have sunflowers?!
    You're hair is getting so long! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete