February 20, 2012

12 weeks


I'm almost out of my first trimester. It all seems so crazy - to think that I'm one-third of the way to holding a little baby that is growing inside of me. We have our next appointment on Tuesday, where we get to hear our babe's heart beating. I think this will make it all the more real. Until next time, know that we are growing increasingly more excited each day.

Not sure why my shirt is folded up... I didn't realize this until I was editing my pictures (after dark). Oh well! Can't be perfect.


Dear Sweet Baby,
I am growing more overwhelmed each day, knowing that your existence in my arms is growing closer. There are times when I worry that I am not going to be prepared enough to take care of you when you arrive. I find myself overwhelmed with the what-ifs of providing everything you’ll possibly need. Am I old enough, smart enough, capable enough to properly take care of another human being? Can we afford to do this? Are we ready?

But then I look around at our house that the church has provided us, and I see that we managed to hang all our pictures straight, we have a good meal on the table every night, your dad and our little puppy are well-taken care of. We pay our bills, we save what money we can, and we even treat ourselves to a movie or a date every now and then.

When it comes to raising you, we won’t have it all, and we certainly won’t know it all, but we’re going to give it the best shot we can. I can’t promise we will be able to give you everything you’ll ever want, but we measured our worth and counted our blessings, and I can promise you this little babe, we’re pretty wealthy in the things that you’ll need most. We can just pray that God will prepare us in the best way possible to raise you and provide for you.

We love you so much already.

Love always, Momma



2 comments:

  1. Look at that lil belly! SO exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start coming up with names for every "weeks" post so you will have PLENTY of names to choose from. This week's name -- Gertrude. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete