February 12, 2012

11 weeks

 Well we've made it to week 11 (11 weeks and 4 days to be exact) of this wonderful 40-week journey called pregnancy! It's amazing to think that for the past 11 weeks a tiny little person has been growing inside of me, and will continue to grow over the next six months. We are both so excited to see what God has planned for our little family!

Lately, Eli and I like to lay in bed before we go to sleep and talk about how my body is going to change, what life will be like when we're parents, things that will change once we have a little one, and just our dreams, goals, and fears of being parents. This is such a sweet time for us and I really love that Eli is as excited as I am about our baby, even though he hasn't personally experienced the physical changes yet.

Up to this point, I haven't really felt morning sickness to the degree that others have. I've been a little nauseous, but only when I haven't eaten for a while, like in the mornings when I first wake up. Thankfully, gluten free crackers and ginger ale are my new friends! I'm just now starting to have a little belly, but if you didn't know I was pregnant, you would think I've just been eating too many cupcakes (which may or may not be true...)



Dear Little One, 
We are so excited to meet you for the first time in just over six months. Right now, you are the size of a plum and you have all your major organs, fingers, toes, eyes, and ears. Please stay strong and healthy, and grow as big as you need to. I promise my belly will make room for you. Your Daddy and I pray for you every day, but we're not worried because we know you're being taken care of by the greatest Father of all. I hope you enjoy all the grilled cheese sandwiches and cheetos you've been getting lately! Maybe you'll love cheese as much as me when you're older!
I love you always, Momma






1 comment:

  1. So precious!!!! Keep the pictures coming i love it!!! You really are showing for so little weeks!! Maybe you'lk have the cutest, roundest baby belly every!!

    ReplyDelete