September 13, 2011

Back again - part 2

This post comes completely from July and August. But a ton has happened lately, so it's definitely worth it!

First up, we celebrated our first anniversary on July 17th! Some days, it really seems like we haven't been married long. And then other days, we feel like we've been together forever! This past year has been a series of blessings and we are so thankful that God has allowed us this time together.


To celebrate our anniversary, we stayed the weekend in Austin, ate a wonderful dinner at Chez-Zee, and spent the day canoeing in Zilker Park. 


It was such a great weekend. We can't wait to celebrate again next year!

Another highlight of our summer was going to Florida with my family. We got to see all of my family, relax at the beach, show Eli where I grew up, and go to Disney World! I forgot to take my camera charger, so unfortunately I didn't get too many pictures, but here's a look at our time in Florida.

We ran into a couple of dorks on the beach... :)



 While in Florida, we took a little tour of the University of Florida (Go Gators!!) It's so crazy to think that my little sister is graduating high school this year and has already applied for college! College!! She's supposed to still be a pestering 10 year old, not this almost-grown-up college kid. I'm so proud of her and I know God is going to use her in huge ways!


But, sadly... she got eaten by a gator while we were there... Haha!


And a few pictures from Disney, before my camera died.






 Okay, that puts us at August, which was the most eventful month of the summer. Eli got a job as a youth minister in a small country church and we moved into the parsonage right next to the church. This was such a huge blessing. God has really provided in ways we never expected.

We've been in our new house for just over a month. It's been quite the adventure, but we're loving it! I'll post more pictures and stories about our house soon. But for now, here's the view of our cute little country house.



1 comment: